Unhealthy Habits and Anger = Hopelessness
The feeling of hopelessness is the one of the most difficult emotions to experience? Do you agree?
The feelings of anger and being unmotivated may create the storm of hopelessness. When we are angry, we can either rage outside or it can be internal where we can implode instead of exploding. Being unmotivated can mean that we lack drive or a desire to move intentionally. It’s different than being complacent, often complacency is being content not unmotivated. When we combine feeling unmotivated and any form of anger, you can start to feel really hopeless.
Here are some symptoms of experiencing hopelessness:
- You sometimes don’t even want to try because you think you’re just going to fail.
- You may take a passive role in life
- You can feel numb, a word that describes when you don’t have any type of feeling, you can almost not feel anything anymore; you’re not happy, you’re not sad, you’re just there – you just exist in life.
- We can think and believe things are happening around us and other people in our lives are making progress but we may just feel stuck and passive in our own lives.
- Easily jealous or envious of other people (even those that we care about).
What are can help you begin to work through hopelessness:
Try to make much smaller changes. Very small changes. Get dressed in the morning. Write a gratitude list. Take a 5-10 minute walk each day. Start eating your elephant, one bite at a time. We did an entire series on ‘getting our ish together’ earlier this year, to examine how to make small changes that lead up to big habits or changes, you can head over there to read up on it.
If you struggle with hopelessness and that’s really a hard place for you, please feel free to reach out to me as well. I specialize in working with women who need to find their voice, who are looking for ways to set boundaries, to be assertive. If you think you might need some work in this area, please go to my website or look at some of my services on the facebook page so you’re able to get connected with me. I can help you move forward and past some of these issues.
Want to watch my live video over this topic? Head to my facebook page to see the video.